White Sage Clusters
Clustered fragrant white dried sage leaves perfect for room purifying or smudging.
Benefits of burning/smudging sage within your space
- Removing bacteria from the air
- Apart of a spiritual practice that removes negative energy
- Repelling insects
- Improving intuition
- Purifying specific objects (ie. crystals, metals, etc)
- Improving mood and reducing stress and anxiety
Steps for Burning Sage
- You will need something in which to burn/smudge the sage in. This could be an incense tray or a bowl to catch the ashes as the sage burns. Abalone shells are our personal favorite. You could also purchase a sage burner. Fill it with earth or sand. Don't use a flammable container and keep water on hand.
- Open a few windows or doors before you start burning the sage. This allows the smoke to exit your space.
- Put the sage in the burning container and light it. Let it burn for several seconds and then blow it out so that it keeps smoking. If it stops emitting smoke, try lighting it again.
- Allow the sage to burn until finished or place in water to stop the burning/smudging.
** Do not allow any space to fill with too much smoke. Avoid inhaling the smoke directly.
*** Please be aware of where you burn/smudge. Indoor burning may not be permitted in your space. Please see your housing/business/building/outdoor environment burning regulations/bylaws.